Beginning MArch 23 all tutoring will be done online.
We apologize to any of you that have been inconvenienced this week with no tutoring and missed appointments. As with classes we needed to take a few days to restructure things and get set up for everything being online. With that in mind here is some information you may need in order to get help as classes start back next week in an online format.
Since we have not done this before it really is a guess as to how many appointment slots we need at any given point in time so rest assured we will be monitoring this and adjust work schedules as we go. If you have any problems you can email us at email@example.com or call 859-622-6508. However the phone will only be answered during this transition period ending April 3rd. After that date all communications will need to be via email.
Included at the end are links to instructional materials on how to make appoints and join Zoom meetings.
1) All math/stats tutoring and CEC consultations will be done by appointment only and hosted in a Zoom meeting room.
2) Appointments can be made at a moment’s notice if there is an opening. Appointment times are during our normal operating hours Monday through Thursday 9:00 am to 8:00 pm EST and Fridays 9:00 am to 3:00 pm EST.
3) Appointments must be made using Accucampus (instructions below).
4) At the time of the appointment you will receive an email with the Zoom meeting link. You can join the meeting with virtually any internet capable device. If on a computer without a mic/speaker you can join the audio with your phone by calling a number that is provided at the start of the meeting (instructions below).
5) If you are not familiar with Zoom we can share computer screens and/or white boards as well as audio so you can see what we are writing as well as what we are saying.
Accucampus Tutoring appointment scheduling
Written instructions: https://mathtutor.eku.edu/one-on-one
Instructional video: https://youtu.be/Yjg5RPDZjV0
Accucampus CEC scheduling
Written instructions : https://mathtutor.eku.edu/cec-consultations
Instructional video: https://youtu.be/7gnCTlVyLEk
How to Join a Zoom Meeting
Welcome to the Mathematics and Statistics Tutoring Center homepage! Within this site you can find several helpful pages on how to deal with math anxiety, test anxiety, developing study plans, finding out your learning style and the all-important practice tests! Please explore the links in the menu of the left side of the page for more information.
We have a couple of services that you might find particulary important.
First is the ability for you to schedule one on one tutoring. Follow the link, "one on one tutoring" in the menu to the left to schedule an appointment. This service is generaly only available during the Fall and Spring semseters. If you would like to have one during the summer sessions please contact us and we will see if we can work soemthing out.
Second is that if you are on an extended campus you can reach us via ITV or ePresence. Contact the folks at your campus and have them email us about appoitnments and we will schedule it.
We provide free tutoring, no appointment necessary, for the following courses: If your particular couse is not listed please contact us. In general we can provide a tutor for virtually all the undergraduate math courses but it will be limited availability.
|MAT 105/105P||MAT 122||MAE 201||STA 215|
|MAT 106/106P||MAT 211||MAE 202||STA 270|
|MAT 112A, AP, B & BP||MAT 234||MAE 302|
|MAT 114||MAT 239|
|MAT 120||MAT 244|
We are open Monday through Thursday from 9:00 am - 8:00 pm and Friday from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. To find out when specific tutors are available look at the schedule page. On the schedule page you can also find out when tutors for Calculus, Statistics, Education and other specialty areas are available.